Monday, December 9, 2013

Designing the North Pole - Let the Creativity Soar!


This week's blog entries will all cover my class' journey of creativity and design of the North Pole.  If you didn't read my last entry, I described the project that we are doing.  If you like what you see, your class can join us - this project is available at my TPT store.



Okay, today my students got into the project by analyzing the elves' requirements, and beginning a starting layout for the North Pole.  They are really loving this project, and it is so much fun listening to them as they discuss where the reindeer back riding trails should be, or the locations for the elves's housing.



I always feel I can tell how engaged my students are with a project by the length and depth of their discussions.  Today, they weren't only discussing their designs as they left for lunch, but they were still talking about it when they came back in after lunch!  I'd say they are in it this time!

Tomorrow, they will take a look at the reindeer' requirements, and start incorporating them together.  Too bad the elves and the reindeer don't always agree!  Oh well, I guess they'll work it out somehow!

Stay tuned in tomorrow, and I'll let you know some of the strategies they use!

Let the creativity soar!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment